Archive:Hereford CRO, David Whitney, 1575
Consistory Court of Hereford
Wills and Admons., W Surnames [1574-1601], FHL Film #91,676
Will of David Whitney of Eresland [Eardisland], dated 1575.
Transcription attempted by Robert L. Ward:
- "In the name of god Amen the fourth day of ffebruary in the ..xviij th yere of the ...
- of or. sovranne Ladye Elizabeth by the grace of god Quene of England &c I David
- Whytney being sike in body an Perfett in remembrannc thanks be to unto god do make this
- my Last will and testament in manr and forme flolwing/ In pmis I bequeth my
- Soule unto allmyghtie god my maker and Redemr. and my body to be buryed in
- the churcheyd. of the Parishe of Erisland/ Itm I geve and bequeth to the
- poore of the same Parishe xijd Itm I geve and bequeth to my mother
- Johanne ap Thoms. and to my brother Robert whytney fortie welshe eyenes
- and hogbys being in the custodie of my brother to be equally devided
- and Parsel betwixt them Itm I geve and bequeth to Richard Whiteley x s. Itm
- I geve and bequeth to William by.... vj s. viij d. Itm I geve and bequeth
- to Anne be.. my felowes xij d ... Itm I geve and bequeth to my mastr.
- Sone John Baker one welshe Eyene Itm I geve unto Margarett barett
- xvj d. Itm I geve unto my mother and to my brother Robert Whytney
- all of the reste of my goods not bequethed / Itm I make orden and
- appoynt my master John Baker to be my full and whole executor of this
- my Last will and testament to be truly ... he Discharging my fu...
- expence and to see me brought home and to be stowe over me to the valew
- of xl s. /
- Witneys at the Reading and Delyvring hereof
- Richard Whiteley
- Thomas Gregge
- John Th..per
- Dette wch. be promis but me be..ths
- In p'mis my mr. - - - - vj li vj s. viij d.
- Richard Davis - - xx s.
- John Woodhouwse - - xxxiij s. iiij d. per billin
- Richard Cowley - - ij s. vj d.
- William baker - - xxvj s. viij d."