Archive:Hereford CRO, Roger Whitney, 1560
Consistory Court of Hereford
Wills and Admons., W Surnames [1540-1574], FHL Film #91,675
Will of Roger Whitney of Kinnersley, dated 1560.
Transcription attempted by Robert L. Ward:
- "In the name of god amen The xiiijth day of November & in the
- yeare of or. Lorde god 1560 I Rodger whyttney of the Parishe
- of Kynsley in the contye of Heref. beynge sicke in body
- and yet of good and Perfecte memory god be Lauded do
- make my last will & testamente in maner & forme folowynge
- that is to saye firste & pryncypally I geve & bequithe my sole
- to allmyghty god & my body to Xpian buryalle at the foresayd
- church of Kynersley. Itm I geve & bequeth iij kyne to my
- wyfe Joane beynge all home at my house. Itm I geve
- to my sayd wyfe Joane iij yonge ..aste wyth neodins
- howseholdestufe. Itm I geve to my sonne John ij kyne & iij
- yonge heaffs. a colte & iiij shepe. Itm I geve to my foresayd
- wyfe Joane
a mare which I bought of John Lodinardine?
- iij .... & x sheves of Rye that I sett in John Parsons barne of
- ...stte wyth all the rest of my corne & xiiij of which John
- Bedward oweth to me, Due to be payed at the feast of Saynte
- Andrew next insuynge by Date hertes forthermore [erased word]
- that my wyfe shall bere upon hir owne charge & cost to my sonne
- John for the space of ij yeares fyndynge him meate Drinke
- & clothe. Also I orden & constytute & make Joane my wyfe & John
- my sonne my true & Lawfull executors & John Whyttne my
- brother to be overseyer of
thismy sonne John's parte of goods.
- Dete unpaid to me the sayd Rodger whittne
- Imprimis of Rodger Thomas co..coone ma. Due to be payde
- at christenmas next comynge - - - - - - - - - - - vs. iiijd.
- Wyttnesse at the makynge herof
- Rychard Whytney
- Rychard Lawrence
- Thomas hobye
- Thoms. ..gytto
- with others"