Archive:Sebec, Maine, Vital Records
Sebec, Maine Vital Records, 1813-1858
Transcribed from LDS Film # 0012072
November 10, 1842, joined in the banns of matrimony Mr. William H. Whitney and Miss Mary Morrill, both of this town. H.G.C. Morrison, J.P.
Mr. William H. Whitney of Sebec and Miss Mary V. Morrill of Sebec published October 22 (microfilm cut off the year). Certificate issued November 10th 184(microfilm cut off remainder of year). The records before and after these were made in 1842.
Samuel Whitney of Sebec and Clarissa H. Stearns of Bowdoinham published June 1, 1844. Certificate issued.
Samuel Whitney married to Clarissa H. Stearns on the 7th day of July 1844. Recorded in Sebec on 21 March 1845 by Jesse Stevens, J.P.
April 29, 1845. William H. Whitney’s mark for sheep: a swallow tail in the left ear.
May 6, 1876. Benjamin M. Whitney’s certified mark for sheep: swallow tail in the under part of the right ear.
Mr. Andrew Whitney of Sebec and Miss Mary Livermore of Milo published November 4, 1848. Certificate issued.
Intentions of marriage between William P. Dow and Miss Mary Ann Whitney NOTE, both of Sebec, entered July 2, 1853.
Further Sebec records photocopied by the Sebec Town Clerk in conjunction with the research project documenting the family and ancestry of William H. Whitney of Sebec:
The William H. Whitney Family:
William H. Whitney, b. 4 October 1815
Mary V. Whitney, b. 29 December 1819
- William Whitney, b. 27 August 1843
- Mary A. Whitney, b. 27 March 1845
- Benjamin M. Whitney, b. 6 January 1847
- Joseph M. Whitney, b. 14 February 1849
- Sarah E. Whitney, b. 17 March 1851
- Ada G. Whitney, b. 10 May 1853
- Eliza J. Whitney, b. 29 December 1855
- Albert C. Whitney, b. 29 March 1858
- Frank Whitney, b. 28 December 1860
The Family of Andrew and Mary Whitney
- Fred Whitney, b. 1 August 1851
- Willie A. Whitney, b. 20 January 1858
- Adell C. Whitney, b. 10 January 1859
William Whitney [NOTE], 29 August 1871, age 24