Family:Whitney, Alanson (1801-a1870)
Alanson7 Whitney (Elisha6, Joshua5, Nathaniel4, Nathaniel3, John2, John1), son of Elisha6 and Esther (Clark) Whitney, was born 1 Jul 1801, Stockbridge, MA. He was buried in the County Home Cemetery, West Burlington, PA.
He married, 18 Dec 1826 or 1828, Rome, PA, Laura Towner, daughter of Enoch Towner. She was born about 1808, and died 26 Apr 1887, aged 78 years, Rome, PA. She is buried in the Towner Hill Cemetery, Rome, PA.
- "Alanson, b. July 1, 1801, married Laura Towner and spent his last years at Monroeton. Their children and marriages: Electa died at 18; Franklin; Emeline to Henri Chubbuck; Clara to 1st Mr. Mingos, to 2nd Mr. Griggs."
- "Alanson, born July 1, 1801, living at Monroeton, married Laura Towner, has 4 children."
- "Alanson Whitney, born July 1, 1801, the son of Elisha and Esther (Clark) Whitney, married Dec. 18, 1828 Laura Towner, whose grave is in the Towner Hill cemetery, daughter of Enoch Towner, and spent his last days at Monroeton, Pa. His children were: Electa, Franklin, Emiline and Clara.
- "Alanson Whitney’s daughter Emiline married Henry Clay Chubbuck. Three children were born to them: (1) Alanson, who lived at Athens, had a son, L. T. Chubbuck, a grocer of Towanda who has four children: Grace, Gerald, Doris, and Donald; (2) George Chubbuck, who married had a son who died; and (3) Laura Chubbuck, who married Daniel Kline, had a daughter Miss Cora C. Kline. Mr. Kline died and Laura married second, C. H. Kulp, and lives at 541 Johnson St., Freeland, Pa. George, his wife and son are all deceased. Alanson Chubbuck died March 28, 1942. Burial was a Monroeton, Pa.
- "Alanson Whitney’s daughter Clara married first, George William Mingos and had three sons. (1) W. Leslie Mingos married Miss Bernice Grenell (Now Mrs. D. W. Cowles of Orwell). Two sons were born to them: Lindrof G. and Max A. Mingos. Max has a daughter, Rowena. W. Leslie Mingoes died in 1915. (2) Perry C. Mingos married Mae Eastman of Burlington, had a daughter Laura and a son Arthur. Laura married Millard Marvin and had two children: Anna Mae and a son, Millard, Jr. Arthur lives at Athens, Pa. He married Marion Malone, has two children: Mary Clara and Gerald. Laura Marvin died. (3) Frank M. Mingos married Marion McDonald and they had three children: James, who has eight children and lives at Luther’s Mills, Pa.; Helen, who is a teacher, married James Minard; and Clara, who lives with her father at Athens and has a beauty parlor. After the Death of George William Mingos, is widow, Clara Mingos, married Eli Gale."
Children of Alanson7 and Laura (Towner) Whitney:
i. Electa8 Whitney, b. ca. Oct 1832, PA; d. 30 Sep 1851, aged 18 years 11 months; buried in Wysox Cemetery, Wysox, PA; unmarried. ii. Franklin Whitney, b. ca. 1834, PA; died after 1850. iiI. Leonard Whitney, b. ca. 1835, PA; died after 1850. iv. Emeline Whitney, b. ca. 1838, PA; m. Henry Clay Chubbuck. v. Elizabeth Whitney, b. ca. 1840, PA; died after 1850. vi. Clarissa E. Whitney, b. ca. 1846, PA; m.(1) George William Mingos; m.(2) Eli Gale; poss. m.(3) ----- Griggs.
- 1830, Wysox, Bradford Co., PA: Alanson Whitney, 1 male 20-29 and 1 female 20-29.
- 1840, Wysox Twp., Bradford Co., PA: Alanson Whitney, 1 male 30-39, 1 male 5-9, 1 male 0-4, 1 female 70-79, 1 female 30-39, 1 female 5-9, and 2 females 0-4; 1 engaged in agriculture.
- 1850, Wysox Twp., Bradford Co., PA:
134 141 Alanson Whitney 50 M - Farmer $500 Pa. Laura " 45 F - " Electa " 18 F - " Franklin " 16 M - " " Attended school Leonard " 14 M - " Attended school Emmeline " 12 F - " Attended school Elizabeth " 10 F - " Clara " 4 F - "
336 335 Alanson Whitney 57 M - Laborer 100 Penn. Laura " 51 F - " Emeline " 20 F - " Clarissa E. " 12 F - " 336 Henry Chubbuck 25 M - Laborer 200 "
108 108 Whitney, Alanson 68 M W Farm Laborer Mass. Male citizen over 21 Chubbuck, Emily 28 F W Keeping House Pa. -----, George 9 M W At Home Ill. Attended school -----, Alanson 7 M W " " Attended school -----, Laura 4 F W " "
19 19 Hollet, B. B. 58 M W Farmer N.Y. Male citizen over 21 -----, Olive 47 F W Keeps House $3000 $500 Pa. Sweet, D. T. 26 M W Groceryman " Male citizen over 21 Whitney, Laura 61 F W At Home "
234 238 Towner Joseph W M 52 mar Farmer Pa. N.Y. N.Y. ----- Theresa G. W F 51 Wife mar Keeping house Pa. Pa. Conn. ----- Gerould E. W M 13 Son sgl Farmer with Father N.Y. Pa. Pa. Attended school Whitney Laura W F 71 Sis wid Domestic Servant Pa. N.Y. N.Y. Robison Philander W M 66 wid Farm Laborer Vermont Vermont Vermont