Family:Whitney, David (c1811-1886)
In 1841, he was listed as an agricultural laborer, and resided in the home of Henry Evans.
He married, sometime after 28 Jan 1843 when banns were published in Panteg, Monmouthshire, Wales, Louisa Morgan. She was born about 1821, Clytha, Monmouthshire, Wales and died 10 Apr 1892, age 75 years, of "Undy".
- 28 Jan 1843 David Whitney, X, FA, B, servant, Sluvad, Panteg: David Whitney, farmer
- Louisa Morgan, X, FA, S, servant, Green Lawn, Panteg: John Morgan, farmer
- Wit:- Mary Richards, X; Edward Thomas
Children of David and Louisa (Morgan) Whitney, possibly incomplete:
i. Ann Whitney, bp. 7 Aug 1843, Panteg, Monmouthshire, Wales "Ann d/o David & Louisa Whitney, New Inn, labr". ii. Hannah Whitney, b. ca. 1848, Lanvaches, Monmouthshire, Wales. iii. John Whitney, b. ca. 1850, Lanvaches, Monmouthshire, Wales. iv. George Whitney, b. ca. 1852, Llanvair Discoed, Monmouthshire, Wales. He was probably the George Whitney of Cwmbrane who died 23 Oct 1871, age 20 years. v. David Whitney, b. ca. 1856, Usk, Monmouthshire, Wales. He resided with his parents in 1881. vi. (probably) James Whitney, b. ca. 1857, Usk, Monmouthshire, Wales. vii. Thomas Whitney, bp. 20 Oct 1861, Penhow, Monmouthshire, Wales "Thos s/o David & Louisa Witney, otp, labr". He resided with his parents in 1881, but not found in 1891.
- 1841, District 9, Llangibby, Monmouthshire, Wales: David Whitney, 30 Ag Lab, b. Monmouthshire
- 1851, District 10, Lanvair Doscoed, Monmouthshire, Wales
#9 - Village David Whitney Head Mar 40 Agr Labourer Mon Llanishan Louisa " Wife Mar 30 " Clytha Ann " Dau 7 " Panteague Hannah " Dau 3 " Lanvaches John " Son 1 " "
- 1861: not found.
- 1871, District 3, Ifton, Monmouthshire, Wales
# 1 - Ifton Farm Thomas Dowle family James Whitney Serv. 14 Servant - domestic Monmouth Usk #4 - Lower Ifton John Whitney Head Mar 21 Ag Lab Monmouth Caldicot? Ellen " Wife " 24 " New Church William " Son 7M " Ifton #5 - Lower Ifton David Whitney Head 60 Sheppard Monmouth Llanishen Louisa " Wife 55 " Clitha George " Son 19 Ag Lab Llanvair Discoed David " Son 15 " " Usk Thomas " Son 9 Scholar " Penhow
- 1881, District 3, Ifton, Monmouthshire, Wales:
David Whitney Head 62 Shepherd Ifton, Monmouthshire Louisa Whitney Wife 63 Ifton, Monmouthshire David Whitney Son 25 Farm Labourer Ifton, Monmouthsire Thomas Whitney Son 18 Farm Labourer Penhow, Monmouthshire
- 1891, Vinegar Hill, Undy, Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales
Louisa Whitney Widow 75 On Parish Relief Llanarth, Monmouthshire
- Llangibby is probably Llangybi, just south of Usk.
- Panteague is probably Panteg, just southwest of Usk
- Baptism records for the period in which David was born exist on microfilm.
- Census Records