Family:Whitney, Elizabeth Jane (1832-1920)
Elizabeth Jane8 Whitney (Abner7, (William6, Abner5, John4, Isaiah3, Thomas2, John1), daughter of Abner7 and Annis M. (Phinney) Whitney, was born 8 Jan 1832, Standish, ME, and died 27 Jan 1920, Standish, ME.
She married firstly, 17 Aug 1863, Boston, MA, Timothy S. Dodge, son Phineas and Rebecca (-----) Dodge. He was born about 1829, Fairlee, VT, and died 10 Jun 1883, Grant Park, IL.
She married secondly, 9 Aug 1891, Standish, ME, Granville A. Leavitt, son of Samuel and Rebecca A. (-----) Leavitt. He was born 6 Mar 1832, Standish, ME, and died 15 Oct 1902, Standish, ME. He was buried in Standish Village Cemetery, Standish, ME. They had no children.
Rev. Timothy and Jane Dodge are found in the 1870 census in Boston, MA, where he is a salesman. They are found in the 1880 census in Mattoon, IL, where he is a minister.
Granville A. Leavitt was a veteran of the Civil War. He served in Co. I, 30th Maine Infantry, and he and Jane both received a pension for his service. Elizabeth Jane Leavitt resided in Sebago Lake, ME, later in her life.
Child of Elizabeth Jane and Timothy S. Dodge:
i. Phoebe Benedect Dodge, b. Jul 1875, Columbia, SC; m. 29 Jun 1901, Standish, ME, William F. Dolloff.
- 1870, Boston, Suffolk Co., MA.
- 1880, Mattoon, Coles Co., IL.
- 1900, Standish, Cumberland Co., ME.
- 1910, Standish, Cumberland Co., ME.
- From the Civil War Pension File of Granville A. Leavitt; Elizabeth J. Leavitt, Widow; Co. I, 30th Maine Infantry; Invalid Application #508673, Certificate #310650; Widow Application #772874, Certificate #810685; The National Archives Building, Washington, DC.
- Maine, Death Records, 1617-1922; Ancestry.com
- Massachusetts, Marriage Records, 1840-1915; Ancestry.com
- Maine, Marriage Records, 1713-1937; Ancestry.com
1.^ Boston, Massachusetts, Vital Records; also "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910," from original records held by the Massachusetts Archives. Online database: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2004; volume 164, page 79.