Family:Whitney, Frank G. (1857-a1930)
Frank G.9 Whitney (Ezra8, Zerah7, James6, Samuel5, Samuel4, Nathaniel3, John2, John1), son of Ezra8 and Hannah Hodges (DePuy) Whitney, was born 23 Dec 1857 (twin), Bradley, MI, and died 1 Jun 1946, Coldwater, MI.
He married firstly, 17 Mar 1881, Otsego, MI, Edith A. Hoyt, daughter of Minot and Augusta (Harrison) Hoyt. She was born Apr 1862, MI, and apparently died before 1906.
He married secondly, 12 Sep 1906, Plainwell, MI, Clara Jane (Rowley) Larson, daughter of Edwin Pacin and Virginia Elizabeth (Briton) Rowley. She was born 3 Apr 1872, Fairbury, IL.
Children of Frank G.9 and Edith A. (Hoyt) Whitney:
i. Gerald D.10 Whitney, b. 8 Mar 1884, Bradley or Hopkins, MI; d. 4 Nov 1965, Hastings, MI; bur. Yankee Springs Cemetery, Hastings, MI; m. bef. 1818, Enola Erath. ii. Grace Whitney, b. 23 Nov 1885, Hopkins, MI; d. 17 Feb 1939, Ovid, MI; bur. Oak Grove Cemetery, Coldwater, MI; m. bef. 1912, Lockwood Ray. iii. Grey Hoyt Whitney, b. 29 Dec 1887, Hopkins, MI; d. 26 Jan 1968, Saint Petersburg, FL; m. 14 Feb 1910, Kalamazoo, MI, Verna May Emmons, dau. of Bryon G. and Mary (Phelps) Emerson.
Ezra WHITNEY 65 Self M M W NY Farmer --- --- Hannah H. WHITNEY 59 Wife F M W NY Keeping House NY NY Frank G. WHITNEY 22 Son M S W MI Farmer NY NY Carrie WHITNEY 20 Dau F S W MI NY NY Edwin BREWER 19 Oth M S W MI Farm Laborer VT MA
- 1900, Kalamazoo Ward 1, Kalamazoo Co., MI.
- 1910, East Hopkins, Allegan Co., MI.
- 1920, Ovid, Branch Co., MI.
- 1930, Yankee Springs, Barry Co., MI.
- 1940, Ovid, Branch Co., MI.
- Census records.
- All data imported from Frederick Clifton Pierce, The Descendants of John Whitney, Who Came from London, England, to Watertown, Massachusetts, in 1635, (Chicago: 1895), p. 466.
- Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), pp. 735-736; and p. 1556.