Family:Whitney, Frederick Earl (1878-1931)
Rev. Frederick E.9 Whitney (George Calvin8, Ephraim7, Ephraim6, Amos5, Amos4, Nathaniel3, Benjamin2, John1), son of George Calvin8 and Helen S. (Ashman) Whitney, was born 16 Jan 1878, IA, and died 27 Mar 1931, Milwaukee, WI. He was buried in Cedar Lawn Cemetery, Milwaukee, WI.
He married, 3 Jul 1898, Springview, NE, Amelda A. Hamilton,, daughter of Leander L. and Ginevra Elizabeth (Lewis) Hamilton. She was born 8 Aug 1878, Elliott, IA, and died 1945. They were divorced. She married secondly, 21 Nov 1926, Reinbeck, IA, Henry Wilgers, son of Daniel and Angeline (-----) Wilgers, b. ca. 1878, Lincoln, OH, as his second wife. Apparently they, too, were divorced. She married thirdly, 7 Jan 1928, Madison Co., NE, Carl Mange White, b. 29 Jun 1878, Washington Co., IN, d. 18 Dec 1961, Ainsworth, NE. She was buried in Elmwood Cemetery, Waterloo, IA.
He was a minister at Red Oak, IA.
Children of Frederick E.9 and Amelda A. (Hamilton) Whitney, possibly incomplete:
i. Harry Francis10 Whitney, b. 13 Apr 1899, Springview, NE; m. 1923, Flora Elizabeth Rollins. ii. Herbert Clessen Whitney, b. 21 Oct 1900, Newport, NE. iii. Clark Earl Whitney, b. 10 Jul 1902, IL, or Springview, NE. iv. Lucile Emma Whitney, b. 26 Jun 1906, IL.
24 24 Whitney, Ford D. Head W M Mar 1878 22 mar 2 Iowa New York New York Carpenter, Rents house -----, Amelia A. Wife W F Aug 1878 21 mar 2 1ch 1liv Nebraska New York Ohio -----, Harry A. Son W M Apr 1899 1 sgl Nebraska Iowa Nebraska
- 1910, Bear Grove, Guthrie Co., IA.
- 1915 State, Macksburg, Madison Co., IA: Fred E. Whitney, wife Amelda A., children Harry, Herbert, and Lucile.
- 1920, Waterloo Ward 2, Black Hawk Co., IA.
- 1925, Waterloo, Black Hawk Co., IA: Amelda A. Whitney and son Herbert C.
- 1930, Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co., WI: Frederick E. Whitney.
- 1930, Waterloo, Black Hawk Co., IA: Amelda A. White and dau. Lucile Whitney.
- 1940, Waterloo, Black Hawk Co., IA: Amelda A. White and dau. Lucile Whitney.
- Census records.