Family:Whitney, Henry Harrison (1840-1913)
He married firstly, after 1880, Maggie Cottrell Young, daughter of George T. and Mary (Bamford) Young. She was born 31 Mar 1855, and died 23 Nov 1886. She was buried in the IOOF Cemetery, Centerville, ID. Inscription on grave marker:
- Maggie Cottrell
- Beloved Wife of H. H. Whitney
- and Daughter of Geo. T. and Mary B. Young
- Born March 31, 1855
- Died Nov. 23, 1886
Henry married secondly, 9 Mar 1892, Portsmouth, NH, Geneva F. Wildes, daughter of Joseph and Julia (McBride) Wildes. She was born 17 Mar 1870, Biddeford, ME, and died 19 Dec 1956, Boise, ID.
Henry and Geneva are buried in the Morris Hill Cemetery, Boise, ID.
Obituary of Henry H. Whitney:
- Idaho World, 29 Aug 1913:
- "Died at the Call Ranch on the Boise River, Henry H. Whitney, a pioneer Miner in the Basin died suddenly of heart disease. He was stricken at the Call Ranch on his way to the Boise King Placer. Charles Meyer was the only other passenger on the stage. Mr. Whitney leaves a wife and daughter, Miss Marion. Funeral will be in Boise and Burial in Centerville."
Children of Henry Harrison8 and Maggie Cottrell (Young) Whitney, if any, unknown. None were living in 1913.
Children of Henry Harrison8 and Geneva F. (Wildes) Whitney:
i. Marion Wildes Whitney, b. 18 Jul 1895, Deering, ME; d. 1986; m.(1) 7 Aug 1914, Weiser, ID, William Howard Kingsley. He was b. ca. 1894, Omaha, NE. She m.(2) 13 Sep 1919, Nampa, ID, Leone Giorgio "Lee G." Hamilton. He was b. 2 Apr 1887, Evanston, WY and d. 17 Apr 1973. Marion and Leone are buried in the Morris Hill Cemetery, Boise, ID. Children: a. George Henry Hamilton, b. 28 Aug 1920, Boise, ID; d. 28 Feb 1990, Tillamook Co., Oregon. b. Edwin Hamilton, b. ca. 1924, ID.
49 49 William S. Phinney 28 M - Farmer $400 Maine Harriet S. " 24 F - " Henry H. Whitney 9 M - " Attended school
361 379 William Phinney 37 M - farmer $800 $200 Maine Harriet " 34 F - housework " Charles S. " 9 M - " Attended school William F. " 4/12 M - " Henry H. Whitney 19 M - Miner " Attended school
39 39 Henry H. Whitney 30 M W Placer mining $1200 Maine Male citizen over 21
Henry WHITNEY 38 Self M S W ME Miner ME ME
- Census records.
- Early Families of Standish, ME; Albert J. Sears, pg 237
- Idaho, Death Records, 1890-1967; Ancestry.com
- Maine, Birth Records, 1715-1922; Ancestry.com
- U.S., WWI Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; Ancestry.com
- U.S., WWII Draft Registration Cards, 1942; Ancestry.com
- Idaho, County Marriages, 1864-1950; Ancestry.com
- U.S. WWII Draft Registration Cards, Young Men, 1940-1947; Ancestry.com.
- 1930 Census of Boise Idaho
- Cemetery Records
1.^ "Henry H. Whitney (b. 1842, Sebago, ME, s. of William Whitney & Harriett) & Generva F. Wildes, m. 9 Mar 1892, Portsmouth, Rockingham Co., NH," according to New Hampshire, Vital Records, Marriage Index.