Family:Whitney, Ira (1848-a1920)
He married, 16 Jun 1870, Doanesburgh, in Southeast, NY, Amelia Maria Benedict, daughter of Benjamin and Ruth Ann (Reed) Benedict.
He was a merchant. They lived at Doanesburgh in 1873.
Children of Ira9 and Amelia Maria (Benedict) Whitney:
i. Anna A.10 Whitney, b. Jun 1875, NY; d. after 1930; m. ca. 1899, George E. Rogers.
896 921 Sutton Seaman 68 M - Farmer $10000 $1842 N.Y. Annis Seaman 62 F - " George E. Weed 24 M - Farmer " Susan Weed 23 F - " Annie L. Weed 6/12 F - " Ira Whitney 12 M - " Attended school Mary Lee 17 F - "
- 1865 State, Putnam Co., NY: Schedules lost.
- 1870, Southeast, Putnam Co., NY:
419 620 Benedict, Benjn. 49 M W Farmer $11500 -- New York Male citizen over 21 -----, Ruth A. 47 F W Keep house Conn. -----, George W. 27 M W Agt. for S. Mach. N. York Male citizen over 21 Whitney, Amelia 24 F W At home Conn. Lahan, Margt. 30 F W Servant New York Whitney, Ira 22 M W Farm work New York Male citizen over 21
- 1875 State, Putnam Co., NY: Schedules lost.
- 1880, Southeast, Putnam Co., NY:
Ira WHITNEY 35 Self M M W NY Farmer NY NY Mary Amelia WHITNEY 34 Wife F M W NY Keeping House NY NY Anna A. WHITNEY 5 Dau F S W NY NY NY
63 76 Whitney, Ira Head W M Jun 1848 52 mar 38 New York New York New York Teamster, Rents house -----, Amelia M. Wife W F Apr 1845 55 mar 38 1ch 1liv New York New York New York Rogers, Anna Dau W F Jun 1875 24 mar 1 New York New York New York Sealer of Cans -----, George E. SiL W M Feb 1876 24 mar 1 0ch 0liv New York New York New York Teamster Benedict, Ruth A. MiL W F Mar 1823 77 wid 3ch 2liv New York New York Connecticut Towsand, Warren Brdr W M Oct 1845 54 mar 27 New York New York New York Building Mines Hunt, Edgar Brdr W M Jan 1870 30 sgl New York New York New York Building Mines
- 1910, Southeast, Putnam Co., NY:
7 7 Whitney, Ira Head M W 61 m1 39 New York New York New York -----, Amelia M. Wife F W 64 m1 39 1ch 1lv New York Connecticut New York Rogers, Annie Dau F W 34 m1 10 0ch 0lv New York New York Connecticut -----, George E. SiL M W 34 m1 10 New York New York New York
- 1920, Brewster, Putnam Co., NY:
126 141 Whitneny, I. A. Head M W 71 mar New York New York New York Trucking, Rents property Amelia Wife F W 73 mar New York Connecticut New York None Rogers, George E. SiL M W 43 mar New York New York New York Carpenter R.R. yard " Anna Dau F W 44 mar New York New York New York None
- All data imported from Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), p. 2206.
- Census records.