Family:Whitney, Luther H. (1849-1912)
Luther H.9 Whitney (Edgar8, Luther7, Samuel6, Joseph5, Timothy4, John3, John2, John1), son of Edgar8 and Maria R. (Shepard) Whitney, was born 23 Sep 1849, Lawrenceville, NY, and died 6 Feb 1912 in Grundy County, Missouri.
He married, 30 Sep 1874, Trenton, MO, Florence May Gibeaut, daughter of Joseph Gibeaut and Arabella Colley Gibeaut, was born 07 Dec. 1858 in Guernsey County, Ohio and died on 2 Dec 1921 in Trenton,Grundy, Missouri.
They were married 13 Sept 1874 in Grundy County, MO. They lived in Trenton moving to a farm in the Edinburg community. He was a machinist in the railroad shops, Milan, MO.
Children of Luther H.9 and Florence May (Gibeaut) Whitney:
i. Edgar Colley10 Whitney, b. 26 Jun 1875 in Trenton, Missouri; m. Lillian Castleberry. ii. Edna B. Whitney, b. 26 Dec 1878; m.(1) Charles Rosenbaum; m.(2) Jacob "Jake" Weaver. iii. Lillian Whitney, b. 27 Sep 1880; d. 14 Sep 1881. iv. Joseph Gibeaut Whitney, b. 6 Apr 1883; m. Tressie Ritcherson. v. Luther Henry Whitney, b. 13 Mar 1886; m. Frances Metcalf. vi. Julian Walter Whitney, b. 18 Sep 1891; m.(1) Evelyn Whorton; m.(2) Elma Metsker Bridges. vii. Aaron Thomas Whitney, b. 18 Nov 1894; m. Gladys Carter.
- 1870: not found.
- 1880, Trenton, Grundy Co., MO:
Luther H. WHITNEY 29 Self M M W CAN Machineist CAN CAN Florence M. WHITNEY 21 Wife F M W OH Keeps House VA PA Edgar C. WHITNEY 5 Son M S W MO CAN OH Edney B. WHITNEY 1 Dau F S W MO CAN OH
- All data imported from Frederick Clifton Pierce, The Descendants of John Whitney, Who Came from London, England, to Watertown, Massachusetts, in 1635, (Chicago: 1895), p. 595.
- "My great grandfather Luther H. Whitney died in 1912. He was married to Florence May Gibeaut (not Gibeant) They lived in the Edinburg community, moving from Trenton.
- "There was another son born, Aaron Thomas b. Nov 18, 1894
- "Luther H. married Frances Metcalf was my grandparents."
- "Luther H Whitney died Feb 6, 1912; his wife Florence May Gibeaut Whitney, daughter of Joseph & Arabella Colley Gibeaut, died Dec 2, 1921."
- "Edgar Colley married Lillian Casselberry"
- "Edna married 1) Charles Rosenbaum; 2) Jacob "Jake" Weaver"
- "Joseph Gibeaut married Tressie Ritcherson"
- "Luther Henry married Frances Metcalf"
- "Julian Walter married 1) Evelyn Whorton; 2) Elma Metsker Bridges"
- "Aaron Thomas married Gladys Carter"