Family:Whitney, Mary E. (1844-1911)
She married 22 Nov 1863, Monroe, ME, Daniel C. Garland. He was born 10 Jan 1842, Newburgh, ME, and died 11 Nov 1903, Amery, WI.
Daniel was a Civil War veteran. He and Mary received pensions from the U.S. government. Before he enlisted in the army, they resided in Winterport, ME, where they resided until 24 Nov 1870, when they removed to Glenwood, Aroostook Co., ME.
Daniel is buried in the Amery Cemetery, Amery, WI.
Children of Mary E. (Whitney) and Daniel C. Garland:
i. Annie B. Garland, b. 11 Apr 1865, ME. ii. Lura L. Garland, b. ca. 1874, ME. iii. Willard Carr Garland, b. 8 Feb 1880, ME; d. May 1968, Duluth, MN. iv. Earl Daniel Garland, b. 12 Feb 1892, Amery, WI; d. 12 Jul 1961, Sacramento, CA.
Daniel C. GARLAND 39 Self M M W ME Farmer ME ME Mary E. GARLAND 34 Wife F M W ME Keeping House ME ME Annie B. GARLAND 14 Dau F S W ME At School ME ME Lura L. GARLAND 6 Dau F S W ME ME ME Willard C. GARLAND 3M Son M S W ME ME ME Jackson WHITNEY 45 BroL M S W ME Farm Laborer ME ME Olive J. WHITNEY 70 MotL F W W ME NH MA
- 1900 Census: Lincoln, Polk Co., Wisconsin
- 1905 Minnesota State Census: St. Paul, Ramsey Co., Minnesota
- 1910 Census: Brookston, St. Louis Co., Minnesota; Mary lives with her son Willard and family.
- Wisconsin, Births & Christenings Index, 1826-1908; Ancestry.com
- Wisconsin Deaths, 1820-1907; Ancestry.com