Family:Whitney, Peter Radcliff (1798-a1873)
He married firstly, 4 Jan 1826, Patterson, NY, Eliza Baker, daughter of Josiah and ----- (Green) Baker. She died Feb 1827, Patterson, NY, and was buried at Milltown, Southeast, NY.
He married secondly, 13 Dec 1830, Kent, NY, Dorcas Baldwin, daughter of James and Susan (Vaill) Baldwin. She was born 7 Jan 1798, Carmel, NY, and died after 1873.
Phoenix says the following:
- They lived at Whitney's Corner, in Southeast, about one mile west of Dykeman's Station, in 1873. He was a tanner and currier, for a few years; then a school-teacher, a trader, and later a farmer; and was, for several years, a magistrate and assistant-judge of the county. He lived at one time in Patterson.
Children of Peter Radcliff7 and Eliza (Baker) Whitney:
i. Josiah Baker Whitney, b. 26 Jul 1826, Patterson, NY; d. 26 Jun 1827, Patterson, NY; bur. in the cemetery near the Baptist Church, at Towner's, in Patterson.
- 1830, Patterson, Putnam Co., NY: Peter Whitney, 1 male 50-59, 1 male 30-39, 1 female 30-39, and 1 female 20-29.
- 1840, Patterson, Putnam Co., NY: Peter Whitney, 1 male 40-49 and 1 female 40-49; 1 engaged in agriculture.
- 1850, Patterson, Putnam Co., NY:
128 133 Petter Whitney 50 M - Merchant $4500 N. York Darcis wife 50 F - " Jeridan Wood 45 M - " " Eloneye E. Light 13 F - " Attended school
37 40 Peter R. Whitney 61 M - Farmer $18000 $2200 New York Dorcas B. Whitney 61 F - New York Flora Leight 22 F - New York Reuben Booth 36 M - Farm laborer New York Sarah J. Booth 24 F - Domestic New York Hugh McAlvary 40 M - Farm labor Ireland Illiterate
349 540 Whitney, Peter R. 70 M W Farmer Retired $25000 $5000 New York Male citizen over 21 -----, Dorcas 70 F W Keep house "
Peter R. WHITNEY 82 Self M M W NY NY NY Darcos B. WHITNEY 83 Wife F M W NY NY NY
- All data imported from Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), p. 672 and p. 1468.