Family:Whitney, Thomas de (fl. 1345)

From WRG
Jump to: navigation, search

Thomas de Whitney ([poss.]Eustace, Eustace, Robert, ...), possibly son of Sir Eustace de Whitney, priest.

He was installed as rector of Whitney in 1345 with patron Sir Eustace de Whitney, who may have been his father.[1]

He was perhaps the "Thomas de Wytteneye to grant land in Michelmarsh to the prior and convent of St. Swithun's, Winchester, retaining land in Sparkford, Hants."[2]

References

1.^  Morgan George Watkins, Collections towards the history and antiquities of the county of Hereford. In continuation of Duncumb’s history. Hundred of Huntington ... (Hereford: 1898), p. 86, & Registrum Johannis de Trillek, episcopi herefordensis, A.D. MCCCXLIV-MCCCLXI.

2.^  PRO C 143/99/7, dated 7 EDWARD II. (1314), The National Archives.


Copyright © 2006, Robert L. Ward and the Whitney Research Group

Personal tools