Archive:Plymouth, Massachusetts, Vital Records
Archives > Archive:Vital Records > Archive:Massachusetts, Vital Records > Plymouth, Massachusetts, Vital Records
Lee D. van Antwerp, comp., and Ruth Wilder Sherman, ed., Vital Records of Plymouth, Massachusetts to the year 1850 (Camden, ME: Picton Press, 1993).
Col. Leonard H. Smith, Jr., Vital Records of Southeastern Massachusetts (Owl Books, Clearwater, FL, 1982), vol. 5: Plymouth.
"Vital Records of Plymouth, Massachusetts," Mayflower Descendant, vols. XVI, XXVII.
- "Revd. Mr. Jacob Bacon of Plimo & Mrs. Mary Whitney of Dorchester", m. 8 [or 5?] Oct 1774. (p. 263 [Book 2, p. 140]; also MD, vol. XXVII , Page 188)
- Winnefred, wf. of Thomas, d. 23 Jul 1660 (p. 663 [PCR vol. 8, p. 26]).
- "My deere Mother Whitteney deceased Agust the 16th 1691 Being Entered into the 77 yeare of her age", recorded by Elder Thomas Faunce. (p. 135 [Book 1, p. 202]; also MD, Vol. XVI , Page 62)
From "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910," from original records held by the Massachusetts Archives. Online database: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2004.
Whitney, Mary Wadsworth, birth, 1893, vol. 431, p. 643:
- [number] 108; [birthdate] July 7; [date of record] Feb. 28; [name] Mary Wadsworth Whitney; [sex] Female; [birthplace] Plymouth; [parents] Pelham & Helen P. Holmes; [residence of father] Plymouth; [occupation of father] Merchant; [birthplace of father] Plymouth; [birthplace of mother] Plymouth.
- NOTE: The surname should be Whiting, not Whitney. She was Mary Wadsworth10 Whiting [Pelham9, Pelham8, Henry7, Joseph6, Elisha5 Whiton, Elisha4, James<3/sup>, James2, James1]
Whitney, Olive, birth, 1886, vol. 368, p. 407:
- [number] 107; [birthdate] Sept. 13; [date of record] Jany. 1887; [name] Olive Whitney; [sex] Female; [birthplace] Plymouth; [parents] Frank J. & Laura Jackson; [residence of father] Plymouth; [occupation of father] R.R. Fireman; [birthplace of father] Portland, Me.; [birthplace of mother] Indianapolis, Ia.
Whitney, Melville M., marriage, 1887, vol. 380, p. 443:
- [number] 51; [marriage date and place] October 22, Plymouth; [date of record] Nov. 1887; [groom] Melville M. Whitney; [residence] Weymouth; [age] 27; [occupation] Grocer; [birthplace] Halifax, Vt.; [parents] George W. & Sophia A.; [number of marriage] First; [bride] Annie I. Perkins; [residence] Plymouth; [age] 25; [occupation] Copyist; [birthplace] Taunton; [parents] Arad & Rhoda A.; [number of marriage] First; [officiant] Geo. H. Bates, Clergyman, Plymouth.
Johnson, Harriett [Whitney], death, 1896, vol. 464, p. 668:
- [number] 35; [death date and place] Mch. 30; [date of record] May 19; [name] Harriett Whitney; [sex] Female; [marital status] Married to Charles W. Johnson; [age] 59 11 28; [cause] Valvular disease of heart; [residence] Plymouth; [occupation] At home; [birthplace] Fall-River; [parents] Horatio Whitney, Betsey Greenwood; [parents' birthplaces] Watertown, Sherborn.
Copyright © 1999, 2006, 2008, 2015, 2016, Robert L. Ward and the Whitney Research Group.