Archive:The Langham (Cottesbrooke) Collection
The Langham (Cottesbrooke) Collection
Covering dates: circa 1275-1944
Held by: Northamptonshire Record Office
Extent: 2598 Files
Creators: Langham family of Cottesbrooke, Northamptonshire
[no title] L(C) 436 undated
Contents: Copy of the Will (dated 9 April 1716) and Codicil (20 April 1716) of Dame Anne Cole Widow of Thomas Whitney of New Pass co. Westmeath Esq.
[no title] L(C) 437 2 June 1717
Contents: Receipt of £5 of Mrs. Mary Jones by the hands of Coun. Boleyn Whitney - an annuity left under the will of Lady Ann Cole of Dublin arising from tenements etc. devised to Mrs. Mary Jones Signed Ann Cambrie.
[no title] L(C) 438 4 June 1717
Contents: Ann Cambrie Coun. Boleyn Whitney, Bride Street, Dublin Has sent an acquittance If not as he wants would he write one and she will sign it.
[no title] L(C) 1596 1768
Vellum spine; 30 pages; MS.
Contents: Survey & Terrier Of farms in the parish of RAUNDS part of the estate of Sir James Langham Bt. Surveyed by Edward Platt Showing furlongs names, number of lands, contents, boundaries & abuttments
- Plan of house & lands in occ. of widow Ekins (Toot Hill, Barn Close & Dovehouse Close near Thorpe End)
- Plan of homestead, orchard in occ. of John Ekins (Home Close, New Close & Bucks Close)
- Plan of homestead & lands in occ. of widow Colson near Butts Lane
- Plan of homestead & lands in occ. of John Pentelow (south of the Church & including 2 Spinneys, Park Close & Pond Close)
- Plan of homestead & lands in occ. of James Whittering (near Toot Hill & Northdale Lane)
- Plan of homestead & lands in tenure of James Whitney (Marshals Closes, Muskets Close near North End Street Map of Kingshome Close at Keystone (Hunts) now in occ. of William Drage)
[no title] L(C) 1672 13 April 1790
Contents: Memorandum of a lease Wm Pickering on behalf of Sir James Langham Samuel Whittney of Raunds A farm in the parish of Raunds late in the possession of William Coleman To enter on the fallow meadows & sheep commons on 25 March 1790 The rent & rest of premises at Michaelmas following O.S. Rent £31-10-0 p.a.
Copyright © 2008, Tim Doyle and the Whitney Research Group.