Category:Ipswich, Essex County, Massachusetts
From WRGJump to navigationJump to search
Ipswich was formed from the area known as Agawam in 1634. Ipswich Village was split off as Topsfield in 1648. It boundary with Topsfield was adjusted in 1694. A further piece was ceded to Topsfield in 1774. Part was given to Rowley in 1785. The Hamlet section was split off in 1793. The Chebacco section was made the town of Essex in 1819. Land was given to Boxford in 1846. Its bounds with Hamilton were changed in 1896.
Neighboring towns: Rowley, Gloucester, Essex, Hamilton, Topsfield, Boxford.
Pages in category "Ipswich, Essex County, Massachusetts"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.