Category:Reading, Middlesex County, Massachusetts

From WRG
Jump to navigationJump to search

Reading was created from the Lynn Village section of Lynn in 1644. Land was acquired from Malden in 1727. A section was split off as Wilmington in 1730. Two parts were ceded to Stoneham, one in 1734 and another in 1751. The First Parish section was established as South Reading in 1812. Part was gotten from South Reading in 1813. Part split off as North Reading in 1853.

Neighboring towns: North Reading, Lynnfield, Wakefield, Stoneham, Woburn, Wilmington