Family:Whitney, Alson H. (1851-1900)
He married, 14 Apr 1877, Kinneville, MI, Nellis Flanigan, daughter of Edward and Harriet Butler (Colwells) Flanigan. She was born 11 Nov 1859, Rives, MI, and died 16 Jun 1923, Onondaga, MI.
Children of Alson H.8, and Nellis (Flanigan) Whitney:
i. Ray E.9 Whitney, b. 23 Apr 1878, Onondaga, MI; d. Sep 1970, Leslie, MI; m.(1) 7 Nov 1906, Tompkins, MI, Mahala Darling Mitchell; m.(2) 15 Mar 1916, Onondaga, MI, Ruby Haven. ii. Hugh Alson Whitney, b. 15 Jul 1879, Onondaga, MI; d. 16 Feb 1953, Columbus, OH; bur. Woodlawn Cemetery, Leslie, MI; m. 30 Jun 1914, East Lansing, MI, Bernice V. Wilcox. iii. Edward Peter Whitney, b. 7 Mar 1881, Onondaga, MI; d. 28 Oct 1925, Grand Rapids, MI; m. 21 Jun 1910, Grand Rapids, MI, Melvina K. McNaughton.
- Edward graduated from the University of Michigan Law School in 1905. He was a successful businessman, entering the insurance business after several years of practicing law. Before his death, he was also the principal financial supporter of Maplehurst Farms, the Whitney brothers' farm program. He was an avid hunter and his death resulted from injuries incurred when he fell from a tree while coon hunting.
Alson WHITNEY 28 Self M M W MI Farmer & Market NY NY Nellis WHITNEY 21 Wife F M W MI Keeping House NY OH Ray WHITNEY 2 Son M S W MI MI MI Hugh WHITNEY 11M Son M S W MI MI MI Laura WHITNEY 58 Moth F W W NY NY NY Will WHITNEY 21 Bro M S W MI Farm Laborer NY NY Ida WHITNEY 18 Sis F S W MI NY NY Fred WHITNEY 11 Bro M S W MI At School NY NY
- 1900, Onondaga, Ingham Co., MI.
- 1910, Onondaga, Ingham Co., MI.
- 1920, Onondaga, Ingham Co., MI.
- 1930, Onondaga, Ingham Co., MI.
- 1940, Leslie Township, Ingham Co., MI.
- Census records.