Family:Whitney, Anson (1792-1851)
He married, 1814, Williamsburgh, ON, Mary (Phillips) Bullard, daughter of Dr. Andrew Phillips. She was born about 1777, and died 27 Aug 1847, Commerce, MI, aged about 70 years. She was buried in Commerce, MI.
Phoenix says the following:
- "Anson Whitney, b. in Chariton, N.Y., 3 Jan. 1792; a tanner and currier; married in 1814, at Williamsburgh, Canada, Mary Phillips, dau. of Dr. Andrew Phillips, of Mass., and widow of ----- Bullard. They dwelt at various places in New York and Canada, and at Commerce, Mich., where he was a justice of the peace for several years. She died, 27 Aug. 1847, at Commerce, aged about 70 years, and was buried there. He then moved to Bedford, Ohio, where he died, in 1851, and was buried."
Children of Anson6 and Mary (Phillips) Whitney:
i. Eliza Ann7 Whitney, b. 12 Sep 1817, Williamsburgh, ON; m. Bridgam Alexander Taft. ii. Charles Anson Whitney, b. 2 Jan 1820, Montreal, QC; d. 29 Apr 1846, Commerce, MI; unmarried; bur. Commerce, MI. iii. George Lewis Whitney, b. ca. 1822, Williamsburgh, ON; m.(1) Caroline Kenyon; m.(2) Marietta Shattuck.
- 1830, Martinsburg, Lewis Co., NY: Anson Whitney, 1 male 30-39, 2 males 5-9, 1 female 40-49, and 1 female 10-14.
- 1840, Bedford, Cuyahoga Co., OH: Anson Whitney, 1 mald 40-49, 1 male 20-29, 1 male 15-19, 1 female 40-49, and 1 female 20-29; 2 engaged in manufacture or trades.
- 1850, Commerce, Oakland Co., MI:
1223 1223 Anson Whitney 55 M - J. of Peace $700 Conn. George 28 M - Farmer C.W. Caroline 27 F - N.Y. Eliza 6 M - Mich. Attended school
- All data imported from Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), p. 194 and pp. 534-535.