Family:Whitney, Eleanor F. (1850-1930)
Eleanor F.8 Whitney (James7, Benjamin6, Jonathan5, Isaac4, Nathaniel3, Benjamin2, John1), daughter of James7 and Rachel W. (Holden) Whitney, was born May 1850, prob. Denmark, ME, and died 1 Oct 1930, Los Angeles Co., CA.
She "of Denmark" married 17 Jan 1872, Denmark, ME, Stephen E. Kimball "of Bridgton", son of Stephen and Abigail W. Kimball. He was born 11 Jul 1848, Bridgton, ME, and died 6 Aug 1884, Denmark, ME. She is buried in the Mountain View Cemetery and Mausoleum, Altadena, CA.
Stephen E. Kimball was a shoemaker and a soldier. He served in Co. H., 12th Maine Infantry in the Civil War. His widow received a pension for his service. He is buried in the South Bridgton Cemetery, Bridgton, ME.
Child of Stephen E. and Eleanor F.8 (Whitney) Kimball:
i. Arthur Elwin Kimball, b. 29 Jun 1876, Lynn, MA; d. 28 Jul 1953, Los Angeles Co., CA; m. 10 Jul 1906, Greeley, CO, Emma Louise Spalding. She was b. 1872, ID, d. 1958, CA. He was a fruit farmer.
1.^ "Jan. 17, 1872, S. E. KIMBALL of Bridgton, Maine, & Elinor F. WHITNEY of Denmark, Maine; by A. BLANCHARD, Pastor of Cong. Church, So. Bridgton, Me., Bridgton (D:138)," according to Kelley, Judith Holbrook, ed. and transcr., Clayton Rand Adams, ed., Marriage Returns of Cumberland County, Maine, Prior to 1892, Maine Genealogical Society Special Publication No. 29 (Rockport, ME: Picton Press, 1998), p. 698.
1. From the Civil War Pension File of Stephen E. Kimball; Co. H, 12th Maine Infantry; Elenor F. Kimball, Widow.
2. Maine, Birth Records, 1715 to 1922; Ancestry.com
3. Maine, Wills and Probate Records, 1584-1999; Ancestry.com
4. California, Death Index, 1905-1939; Ancestry.com
5. Massachusetts, Birth Records, 1840-1915; Ancestry.com
6. California, Death Index, 1940-1997; Ancestry.com
7. Colorado, County Marriages and State Index, 1862-2006; Ancestry.com