Family:Whitney, George R. (c1873-1927)
George Royal Whitney (Charles), son of Charles and Clara C. (-----) Whitney, was born Sep 1871, or about 1873, Greensboro, VT, and died 1927, Wheat Ridge, CO. He was buried in Mount Olivet Cemetery, Wheat Ridge, CO.
He married, 21 Sep 1896, Berkeley Co., WV, Matilda Tomlinson "Daisy" Hedges, daughter of Decatur and Mary Heugh (Beall) Hedges. She was born 27 Apr 1869, Winchester, VA, and died 1935, or 1 Mar 1934. She was buried in Mount Olivet Cemetery, Wheat Ridge, CO.
In 1899 his occupation was listed as clerk, and also as stenographer. In 1929 she was living at 45 South Logan Street, Denver, CO.
Children of George Royal and Matilda Tomlinson "Daisy" (Hedges) Whitney:
i. Owen Tudor Whitney, b. 19 Jun 1899, Lyndon, VT; d. 19 Sep 1955, Los Angeles, CA; "Owen Hedges Whitney" m. 26 Aug 1928, Falba Foote, b. 28 Sep 1896, dau. of Commodore Colbert and Bettie (Winter) Foote. ii. Matilda Whitney, b. ca. 1902, DC; d. aft. 1910; no further record found. iii. George Goodwyn Whitney, b. 11 Jul 1903, DC; d. 26 May 1965, Madera, CA; m. bef. 1930, Rosalie -----. iv. Mary Beall Whitney, b. ca. 1906, DC; d. 1993; bur. Sunset Memorial Park, Albuquerque, NM; m. 7 Dec 1925, Golden, CO, Francis Wheeler Draney. v. Dora G. Whitney, b. 1 Jul 1909, CO; d. 27 Oct 1924, Wheat Ridge, CO; bur. Mount Olivet Cemetery, Wheat Ridge, CO; unmarried.
82 143 Whitney, George R. Head W M Sep 1871 28 mar 3 Vermont Vermont Vermont Garment employ, Rents house -----, Daisy H. Wife W F Apr 1869 31 mar 3 1ch 1liv Virginia Virginia Maryland -----, Owen F. Son W M Jun 1894 11m sgl Vermont Vermont Virginia 144 Arntzen, Valdeman Head W M May 1873 27 mar 3 Denmark Denmark Denmark Sawyer Bones Restaurant, Rents house, Immig. 1888 -----, Nonne M. Wife W F Aug 1874 25 mar 3 1ch 1liv England England England Immig. 1888 -----, Kenneth V. Son W M Jan 1899 1 sgl Massachusetts Denmark England 145 Murphy, Mary E. Head W F Aug 1876 23 sgl Massachusetts Massachusetts Massachusetts Rents house -----, James H. Brot W M Oct 1881 18 sgl Massachusetts Massachusetts Massachusetts Music store (clerk)
- 1910, 2421 Acoma Street, Denver Ward 13, Denver Co., CO:
131 134 Whitney, George R. Head M W 38 mar1 Vermont Vermont Vermont Bookkeeper U.S. Mint, Owns mortgaged house -----, Daisey H. Wife F W 40 mar1 Vermont Virginia Maryland None -----, Owen T. Son M W 10 sgl Vermont Vermont Virginia None -----, Matilda Dau F W 8 sgl Dist. of Col. Vermont Virginia None -----, Mary B. Dau F W 4 sgl Dist. of Col. Vermont Virginia None -----, Dora G. Dau F W 9m sgl Colorado Vermont Virginia
- 1910, Hicksford, Greensville Co., VA: Son George Whitney living as "son" in family of William S. and Dora (Hedges) Goodwyn. Dora was Daisy's sister.
- 1920, 1852 Maple Street, Denver, Denver Co., CO: Geo. R. Whiting, white mail, no further data.
- 1920, Johnston, Carter Co., MO: Daisy Whitney living with possible relative David and Nora (Hanson) Wroten, with two youngest daughters.
- 1920, Emporia, Greensville Co., VA: Son George Whitney living as nephew is family of Dora (Hedges) Goodwyn, Daisy's sister.
- 1930, Denver, Denver Co., CO: Widow Daisy living with her married daughter Mary Beall (Whitney) Draney and family.
- 1930, Phoenix, Maricopa Co., AZ: Son Owen Whitney
- 1930, Inglewood, Los Angeles Co., CA: Son George Whitney living with wife Rosalie, no children.
- 1940, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., CA: Son Owen Whitney
- 1940, San Gabriel Judicial Township, Los Angeles Co., CA: Son George G. Whitney living with wife Rosalie, no children.
- Census records.
4.^ Vermont Vital Records, 1760-1954, from FamilySearch.org. Also recorded in Quincy, MA, Vital Records. See "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910," from original records held by the Massachusetts Archives. Online database: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2004, vol. 486, p. 94.