Family:Whitney, John Fuett (1857-1939)
He married, 10 Mar 1883, McHenry Co., IL, Minnie Stoker. She was born Nov 1866, WI, and died after 1900.
- FORMER LOCAL MAN DIES IN MADISON
- John Whitney Succumbs Monday After Short Illness; Final Rites Held Wednesday.
- John F. Whitney, 82, former resident of this locality whose parents were among the first settlers of Magnolia township, died at 8 a.m. Monday in his home at 17 South Hancock street, Madison, following a several days' illness from heart trouble and complications.
- The body was brought to the Allen funeral home here Monday and services were conducted at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the Magnolia Advent Christian church, four miles south of the city, by the Rev. E. L. Woodworth, pastor.
- Burial was made in the West Magnolia cemetery with John and Elliot Frazier, Frank Bennett, W. D. Brown, Herbert Lee, and Ralph Harvey, all of Evansville as pallbearers.
- Mr. Whitney, son of James Reilly and Catherine Letts Whitney, was born June 6, 1856 in Magnolia. His father was a pioneer blacksmith of Magnolia who invented the first riding plow and the steel beam plow. The latter, who will be remembered here by old timers served in the early days as postmaster of Magnolia, justice of the peace, and president of the school board. As path master his duties were to look after the roads of that locality.
- The deceased, a pensioned railroad man, served as conductor for the Chicago and Northwestern Railway company for 50 years, and at one time was conductor of the "Bobby," a two car passenger train operating through Evansville between Janesville and Madison and Madison via Footville.
- While employed with the railroad company, Mr. Whitney resided in Baraboo, Lancaster, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison; and a sister, Mrs. Edith Micka, Lone Rock, Ia. A brother F. M. Whitney, Eagle Grove, Ia., also a pensioned railroad man, and a sister, Mrs. Fred Burr, Lancaster, preceded him in death.
Children of John Fuett8 and Minnie (Stoker) Whitney:
i. Stewart9 Whitney, b. May 1883, IL.
193 197 Whitney, John Head W M Jun 1857 42 mar 17 Wisconsin Connecticut New York R.R. Conductor, Rents house -----, Minnie Wife W F Nov 1866 33 mar 17 1ch 1liv Wisconsin Ireland England -----, Stewart Son W M May 1883 17 sgl Illinois Wisconsin Wisconsin
- Census records.