Family:Whitney, Joshua (1803-1863)
He married firstly, Feb 1831, Ermina7 Whitney, daughter of Eliphalet6 and Lucy (Ellsworth) Whitney. She died 19 Mar 1851, Mexico, NY, and was buried Wellwood Cemetery, Mexico, NY.
He married secondly, 11 Jan 1853, Laura Lucinda Shumway, daughter of Amasa and Hannah (Chandler) Shumway. She was born 6 May 1818, Whitingham, VT, died 19 Feb 1861, Mexico, NY, aged 42 years, and was buried Wellwood Cemetery, Mexico, NY. She was granddaughter of Moses and Anna6 (Whitney) Chandler, and great-granddaughter of Joseph5 and Hannah (Chandler) Whitney.
Children of Joshua and Ermina7 (Whitney) Whitney:
i. Adelbert Whitney, b. ca. 1847, NY; d. after 1860. ii. Morris P. Whitney, b. 10 Feb 1851, NY; d. 5 Jan 1864, Mexico, NY, aged 12 years 10 months 26 days; bur. Wellwood Cemetery, Mexico, NY.
Joshua and Laura Lucinda (Shumway) Whitney had no children.
- 1840, Mexico, Oswego Co., NY: Joshua Whitney, 1 male 30-39, 1 female 20-29, and 1 female 15-19; 1 engaged in agriculture.
- 1850, Mexico, Oswego Co., NY:
1818 1851 Joshua Whitney 47 M - $1000 Vt. Ermina Whitney 41 F - N.Y. Adelbert 3 M - [N.Y.]
229 234 Joshua Whitney 54 M - Farmer $1500 $150 Vermont Lucinda 40 F - " Adelbert 13 M - New York Attended school Morris P. 9 M - " Attended school Hannah Shumway 65 F - New York
- 1870, son Adelbert not found.
- 1880, son Adelbert not found.
- George, Chandler, The Chandler family: The descendants of William and Annis Chandler who settled in Roxbury, Mass., 1637 (Worcester, MA: The Press of Charles Hamilton, 1883), p. 669.