Family:Williams, Martha (1743-1834)
Martha Williams (Jonathan, Martha3 Whitney, Joshua2, John1), daughter of Jonathan and Deborah (Spring) Williams, was born 27 Aug 1743, Newton, MA, and died 11 Jan 1834, Newton, MA.
She married, 17 Sep 1772, Newton, MA, Deacon Thomas Upham "of Weston", as his third wife, son of Thomas and Ruth (Smith) Upham. He was born 3 Jun 1718, Charlestown, MA, and died Oct 1789, Weston, MA. He had married firstly, 10 Mar 1740, Weston, MA, Ruth Hammond (1720-1749), daughter of Thomas and Mary (Harrington) Hammond. He had married secondly, 18 Mar 1749/50, Weston, MA, Susanna Myrick (1726-1772), daughter of James and Mary (Woolson) Myrick.
Children of Thomas and Martha (Williams) Upham, all born Weston, MA:
i. Nathan Upham, b. 20 Jun 1773; d. 16 Jun 1812; m. 22 Nov 1798, Weston, MA, Lydia Dix. ii. Amos Upham, b. 4 Oct 1774; d. 1 Jul 1803, Charleston, SC. He was unmarried. iii. Jonathan Upham, b. 4 Jan 1776; d. 25 May 1839, Newton, MA; m. 24 Oct 1804, Dover, MA, , Mehitabel Whiting "of Dover, Mass". iv. Thomas Upham, b. 1 Mar 1777; d. 2 Feb 1802, Newton, MA, aged 25 years; "of Watertown" m. 7 Oct 1800, Newton, MA, Sarah Fanning. v. Ephraim Upham, b. 3 Nov 1778; d. 29 Mar 1844; m.(1) 22 Apr 1805, Montague, MA, Hannah Cushman; m.(2) 16 Sep 1816, Montague, MA, Hannah Story. vi. Martha Upham, b. 9 Dec 1780; posthumously; m. Ezra Fuller. She was also known as Patty Upham.
Copyright © 1999, 2006, Robert L. Ward and the Whitney Research Group
- Franklin County, Massachusetts
- Montague, Franklin County, Massachusetts
- Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Charlestown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Newton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Weston, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Norfolk County, Massachusetts
- Dover, Norfolk County, Massachusetts
- South Carolina
- Charleston County, South Carolina
- Charleston, Charleston County, South Carolina