||This WRG Member is a Descendant of the immigrant John Whitney.
My Whitney Line
- ThomasA Whitney, m. Mary Bray
- John1 Whitney, m. Elinor -----
- Thomas2 Whitney, m. Mary Kedell
- Eleazar3 Whitney,m. Dorothy Ross
- Jonas4 Whitney, m. Sarah Perry
- Jacob5 Whitney, m. Rachel Whiting
- (probably) Jabez6 Whitney, m. Elizabeth ----
- (probably) Jacob7 Whitney, m. Sally aka Sarah Pratt
- Charles Mayo8 Whitney, m. Mary Acenath Maxfield
- Charles Francis9 Whitney, m. Mary Elizabeth Clark
- Charles Orlando10 Whitney, m. Dorothy Eleanor Baldwin
- My husband's father
- My husband
I caught the genealogy bug when I was eight, and have been researching off and on ever since. When I married into the Whitney family in 1997, I was happy to start researching my husband's lines, as well.
We have not yet 'plugged in' to one of the main lines. Through DNA testing of my husband's uncle, Curtis Whitney, we believe we are probably related to the John Whitney line (we are off by one mutation.)
So, the search goes on.