Whitney Family DNA Project, Results for Kit 8223
Test Subject Name
Linkage to Jacob and Sally Pratt based on census showing most of the same peers of Charles Mayo as recorded as aunts and uncles in diary of Charles Francis. Proof this is the same as Jacob-7 descending from John-1 is not proven, since nodefinite info from the top down has been previously found, ie, descendants of Jacob-7. The common area of N. Central Massachusetts and correct time frames seem to be good indicators.
|This person's DNA shows that he is a member of Haplogroup R1b1b2. This is a subset of Haplogroup R1b, the most frequent Y-chromosome haplogroup in Europe. Its frequency is highest in Western Europe (and due to European emigration, in North America). In southern England, the frequency of R1b is about 70% and in parts of Spain, Portugal, France, Wales, and Ireland, the frequency of R1b is greater than 90%.
During the last ice age, groups of people are thought to have lived near the tree line in what is now northern Spain, the Middle East, and the Eurasian Steppes. As the ice melted, those populations moved north and distributed their unique haplogroups throughout Europe.
Based upon this information, this person's male line ancestors probably lived in what is now northern Spain about 20,000-30,000 years ago.
|DYS 393||DYS 390||DYS 19||DYS 391||DYS 385a||DYS 385b||DYS 426||DYS 388||DYS 439||DYS 389-1||DYS 392||DYS 389-2|
|DYS 458||DYS 459a||DYS 459b||DYS 455||DYS 454||DYS 447||DYS 437||DYS 448||DYS 449||DYS 446a||DYS 446b||DYS 446c||DYS 446d|
|DYS 460||GATA H4||YCA Iia||YCA Iib||DYS 456||DYS 607||DYS 576||DYS 570||CDY a||CDY b||DYS 442||DYS 438|
- The DNA results for this individual show that he is a direct descendant of the immigrant John Whitney.
- The results, out to 37 markers, are a near match to John Whitney's "signature" DNA profile, with the following exception:
- The results at marker DYS 391 a show 10 repeats instead of the standard 11 repeats. Only one other descendant of John Whitney who has been tested has this difference at this location. This is the person with Kit 75596.
- The results at marker DYS 446b show 15 repeats instead of the standard 16 repeats. Only two other descendants of John Whitney who has been tested have this difference at this location, those with Kit 37765 and Kit 8102.
- The results at marker DYS 446c show 16 repeats instead of the standard 17 repeats. Only two other descendants of John Whitney who has been tested have this difference at this location, those with Kit 37765 and Kit 8102.