Whitney Family DNA Project, Results for Kit 89139
From WRGJump to navigationJump to search
Miscellaneous > Whitney Family DNA Project > Whitney Family DNA Project, Results for Kit 89139
Test Subject Name
This person has not authorized the release of their name.
- ThomasA Whitney, m. Mary Bray
- John1 Whitney, m. Elinor (-----)
- Thomas2 Whitney, m. Mary Kedall
- Thomas3 Whitney, m. Elizabeth Lawrence
- Benjamin4 Whitney, m.(1) Sarah Barrett
- David5 Whitney, m. Mercy Goodnow
- Silas6 Whitney, m. Jane Pearson
- Silas7 Whitney, m. ----- -----
(possible connection here)
|This person's DNA shows that he is a member of Haplogroup R1b1b2. This is a subset of Haplogroup R1b, the most frequent Y-chromosome haplogroup in Europe. Its frequency is highest in Western Europe (and due to European emigration, in North America). In southern England, the frequency of R1b is about 70% and in parts of Spain, Portugal, France, Wales, and Ireland, the frequency of R1b is greater than 90%.
During the last ice age, groups of people are thought to have lived near the tree line in what is now northern Spain, the Middle East, and the Eurasian Steppes. As the ice melted, those populations moved north and distributed their unique haplogroups throughout Europe.
Based upon this information, this person's male line ancestors probably lived in what is now northern Spain about 20,000-30,000 years ago.
|DYS 393||DYS 390||DYS 19||DYS 391||DYS 385a||DYS 385b||DYS 426||DYS 388||DYS 439||DYS 389-1||DYS 392||DYS 389-2|
- The DNA results for this individual show that he is a direct descendant of the immigrant John Whitney.
- The results, out to 12 markers, are an exact match to John Whitney's "signature" DNA profile.